Yesterday, after the longest time of putting off and being lazy, I decided to visit a professor my classmate had recommended for a summer independent research class. The reason why I decided to do this is because it was brought to my attention that it looks very "attractive" on a resume when applying for grad-school. The instructors name is Dr. Bushse and he was a very pleasant individual. When i first was introduced to him by my friend I was very nervous and self-consious on making a great first impression. After a few minutes of name exchange and personal information exchange, I fell into my comfort zone.
Dr. Buhse informed me about the research project and I was immediately interested. I began to ask questions to show my interest and he responded politely. Moreover, the other reason why I decided to do research is so more doors can be opened and more important people can be met in case I decide to further my education in Biology and become a professor. What would be better than having letters of recommendation from a research professorsof Biology? NOT THAT OTHER LETTERS ARE NOT IMPORTANT =). Basically, he took down and my information and said welcome on board!
Overall, I look forward on working on this independent research study and starting my journey in getting my name in the department. This was the one thing i've been trying to accomplish and if it hadnt been for my classmate that i met this year, it wouldnt have been possible. So i cant blow this!
Tuesday, March 31, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment