A dream of mine that was on the list was to become a famous international singer, even though I cant sing at all it is something that is a constant fantasy. A close friend of mine were talking earlier this week and I told her about my dream and how I needed to interview someone who could possibly be my role model. She told me about a student that went to her school that she somewhat knew through her other friends. I asked if I was somehow able to contact him to ask questions about his ultimate goal in life dealing with his music.
Almost three days later I get a call from the guy that my friend was talking about and he was somewhat skeptical about the reason he was told to call me. His name was Siraj and I explained to him that my dream is to become a famous international singer and was told that you already sing for school events and other private gatherings. The first question I asked him was how am i able to improve my singing skills and he said that classes with a professional vocal coach is the best method. Siraj did admit that singing is a talent that can be achieved through practice with professionals and long hours of practice.
While on the phone Siraj explained to me that singing for him is almost like a stress reliever as well as a self esteem booster. He told me that people listening attentively when he sings gives him a sense of fulness. I can understand what he meant by that because not only is my dream to become an international singer, but a dancer. When i dance in front of people it also gives me a sing of fulness and self esteem boost. I explained that to him as well. Siraj told me that school always came first for him, but singing was also a big part in his life while growing up. He said his ultimate goal was to get a singing contract and that long hours of practice projecting high and low notes will put him in that position. At the end of our interview, he said he would like to meet me and if I was interested he would help me get started with singing drills and practice. Of course I agreed and cannot wait.
Tuesday, March 10, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

"people listening attentively when he sings gives him a sense of fulness." Couldn't have said it any better myself!
ReplyDeleteBen O.