Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Interviewing Professor Rockquemore...and her interviewing me.

Almost 2 weeks ago, I requested to interview Dr. Rock, but it was more about her interviewing me and getting to know me on another level. There were a few reasons I requested this, one important reason is because I wanted her to understand my goals in life and how serious I am in achieving them. With her knowing this, maybe there might be someone who is in my field and my name would potentially come up? Also, there were many questions Dr. Rock had and I was delighted to answer them. Questions about how I got into the field and why.
Another reason behind this 2-way interview was because I requested a letter of recommendation from her. The story behind this is that most professors usually write the same thing about each student because sometimes all they know about the student is their grade. From the way i see it, grades is a plus, but when the professor knows you on a better, personal level...it beats any generic letter. The professor can realize what type of individual you are, your personality, and your dedication. Hopefully Dr. Rock saw a little of each.
Finally, the reason why I chose to have this meeting/interview was to somewhat get to know my professor better. Usually professors dont interact with the students on a level more than just teaching, but i saw that in Dr. Rock's case it was different. She gave me and any other student a chance to understand her personality better. I greatly appreciated that oppurtunity and hope more will come.

No comments:

Post a Comment