Monday, March 2, 2009

Interviewing my friend who is a dance instructor

A friend on mine is a private dance instructor for high school students close to where i live and I figured that since she is able to instruct, she has travelled quite far in achieving her dream of becoming a great dancer. When i spoke to her about what encouraged her to become a dance instructor, she responded by saying that her dream is also to become a famous international dancer and by instructing, it will help her reach her goal. Moreover, we spoke about how the passion alone about dancing in general can help anyone reach their goal about being a great international dancer. The love for music is a start, but the love for being able to express your feelings about that song through body movements is even more addicting. Sonali and I both agreed on that concept. I asked if she was ever discouraged because of an obstacle that came in her path and she said no. "The idea is to keep practicing because dancing isn't easy for everyone, it takes time, patience, and concentration." I would have to agree with her because being able to learn a new dance move or improve doesn't require extra effort in the sense of book smarts, but actual mind and body acceleration. As far as advice, I asked her how I can improve to be at a spot where I am able to instruct and she simply said "dance until people go...sh*t, teach me how you did that"

No comments:

Post a Comment