Tuesday, April 14, 2009

The Buddy System (Buddy: Tim)

During one of my classes last Thursday, I asked one of my friends if they could be my buddy. At first he seemed pretty confused, but then i explained to him that its an assignment for my other class so it can help me focus on the things i need to get done. This couldn't have been a better time because I have so much stuff due in the next week. Basically, we decided to meet today morning at 8am for no more than 20-30 minutes. When we spoke on Thursday, I told him that I needed to get a certain list of things completed and you are suppose to be my "inspiration". As directed, he made a list with the most important duties on top. My duties included things such as starting research, revising a paper, and writing a paper for another class. To my suprise Tim actually texted me during the weekend and was like "hope your on top of your shit home boy" lol. So even with his sarcasm, he was somewhat dedicated to this duty of basically making sure I did my work. So today when we met, he pulled out the list and asked me which tasks I completed and which ones I left blank. Out of the 5 things we jotted down i completed the top 3 and the fourth one, but not the 5th one which was to look for a new laptop. I was quite happy with myself and he congratulated me too. After checking in was done, I told him I had a rough time revising my paper because the TA made so many damn comments that it became irritating. So I guess I threw in some hard times in there. He told me about the writing center and how they are a great help so i kept that in mind. Lastly I told him we should meet again next week at the same time and day so I can check in with my other tasks I need to complete. That was all we basically spoke about and it took around 25 minutes for the whole meeting.

3 comments:

  1. that's what's up man! hopefully you all do meet up with each other again

    ReplyDelete
  2. Things get so crazy when the semester comes to an end but sounds like you are ready for anything that may come. Keep up the good work and you will be at your goal in no time!

    ReplyDelete